The Maryland Chapter works on a local level to meet the following goals:
- To serve as the magnet organization for linking public, private and academic institutions into an effective network to support interdisciplinary communications, management innovation and professional development among Blacks choosing public service careers.
- To provide intensive and rigorous training in critical management areas in response to the specialized needs of Black public sector professionals.
- To identify and groom younger, emerging Black administrators and provide relevant exposure to the challenges and rewards of public service careers.
- To conduct research on selected social and economic issues endemic to Blacks.
- To sponsor and conduct national and regional forums that enable the discussion of timely issues and the topical concerns of the Black community.
- To develop and maintain a national information bank on the nation's growing Black public administrative leadership.
- To promote, strengthen and expand the roles of Blacks in all aspects of public administration.
The Maryland Chapter welcomes you to join our organization as we continue to provide informative professional development and networking opportunities. The chapter will continue to post information on our website about upcoming events. We encourage you to get involved. Our success depends on your commitment to excellence in public service!